Wednesday 5 August 2009

Stuff

I've assembled the new bookcases, humphed the existing furniture around to fit them in and have already just about filled them with stuff, including...

... the beginnings of a fabric stash; browns & reds...

... pinks, purples & blues.

They are cotton clothes that the children have outgrown and are for future applique & patchwork projects (hmmm!).

However, my next planned project is to use...

...the plain purple felted jumper to make a dog for A using this pattern...


It was my birthday recently and I was lucky enough to receive a generous amount of Amazon vouchers which I am using to stock up my already vast collection of craft/cooking/just nice books. These are my latest additions...

The boxed set of Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass is for A, the books are illustrated by Helen Oxenbury and are both beautiful editions. I bought them via Amazon Marketplace and they were ridiculously cheap - I pretty much paid just for postage.

Of the others, after an initial flick through "Homemade" looks the most attractive. I'm saving them for later though, I've plenty to be getting on with for now...

...I'm still in the process of making a knitted teddy for N. I'm using cotton yarn this time which seems to be less forgiving of my uneven stitching. I'm sure it'll look fine once it's done though.

Finally, a brief wander round the garden yesterday evening (en route to the shed to search out rawl plugs for yet more shelves) revealed orange to be a featuring colour...

busy lizzies


crocosmia



rowan berries


cherry tree leaves against a fatsia japonica leaf

3 comments:

Pomona said...

It looks like you have been very industrious! It is so hot here that all I can do is lounge on the sofa pretending to knit, but dozing instead!

Pomona x

andamento said...

Not hot here! Dry at least but not cold either so that's fine by me!

rockinloubylou said...

I have the Sophie Dahl book too. It was reduced on Amazon. I really love it. Have been overdosing on the fantastic chicken/fennel/green olives/basil recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails