Friday 22 April 2011

Nice Things.

A parcel...

beautifully wrapped...

...but containing something even more beautiful inside - a gorgeous print I recently ordered from Julia Crossland. I love it.

The fabulous waether continues. By this afternoon it even started to feel too hot for working in the garden (it doesn't take much heat to make me wilt!). Here are a couple more garden photos...

Bumble bee.

Tulips (again)

Spirea.

Hosta leaves unfurling.

Even the lilacs are about to bloom.

Today hubby gave the grass its first cut of the year. This always has the effect of instantly making the whole garden look much tidier, so over the weekend I hope to take some "bigger picture" photos of the garden for sharing.

Last night I hosted a craft night so there's been a little bit of baking happening...

Three of the limes used for a key lime pie.


Rock cakes.

Shells (in the blue bowl seen far left in the rock cake pic)

Now to Easter...

...the chocolate bunnies, as they were this morning.

And as they are now (on a high shelf safely out of reach!).

This afternoon we went on a little family bike ride to the loch. Hubby tows A on a tag-along and I tow N in his trailer. Today N likes singing "Bob The Builder" as loud as he can while being towed along.

We head round to the bird sanctuary. This is the view from one of the bird hides.

Zooming in closer, hills in the far distance, in the middle distance a church spire, and a heron in the foreground.

Beech trees are coming into leaf.

Little cottage and sailboat.

The joy of chucking stones in the water.

And sunbeams, just before we enjoy a fish supper at the lochside then cycle home.

8 comments:

Crochet with Raymond said...

wow, ace photo of that bee flying! How clever is that shot!!!
Have an awesome weekend!
XXX

Pomona said...

It looks like you have been having a very busy and productive time! I love the picture, too.

Pomona x

Apples and Pears said...

I love the before and after photos of the chocolate bunnies!! And the garden lloks lovely. My lilac is now in bloom and smells heavenly. Happy Easter xx

Beth of The Linen Cat said...

Great print and I also love the bee photo. The bunnies with missing ears made me laugh! the boys have already eaten more chocolate than is good for them and I too, have hidden the rest.

Hope you have a lovely Easter. Bethx

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Julia's work? I know I do.
Your shot of the Hostas is such fun.

Lyn said...

What a perfect post of a perfect day. I love the photos of the bumble bee and hostas...well I like them all really!
Love
Lyn
xxx
The little birdie on my window sill was made by my very talented friend who only makes things as gifts so I am lucky to have him!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Andamento! Like your boat print. Hasn't the weather been glorious? Perfect timing on the bee photo - well done, not an easy shot!

Julia said...

Hello my lovely!

So happy to hear that your print arrived safely and doubly happy to hear that you like it so much (thank you). Been having a little read of your blog while Small eats her lunch, your photographs are wonderful, what a gorgeous part of the world you live in!

Sending love
Julia x x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails