Friday 3 January 2014

2013's Monthly Mosaics...


A time consuming but satisfying activity. Meaningful to me, less so to anyone else I expect. I enjoy the trip down memory lane selecting the photos involved and it's pleasing to see them all together once the process is complete.

The snowy photos of March remind me how late Spring was.
The golden, happy photos of July remind me what a good summer it was, at last!
June shows the garden with the old tree growing, in December a similar view shows the tree blown down.
June also shows the buttercups, remember how the whole country was covered in buttercups in 2013!
In May I completed my big granny squares blanket, I always seem to finish blankets in May!
For October I struggled to find photos I liked as I'd taken so few. It was a busy month.

All in all, a good year.

Monthly Mosiacs 2012, 2011, 2010.

And... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

................ January

................ February

................ March

................ April

................ May

................ June

................ July

................ August

................ Spetember

................ October

................ November

................ December



9 comments:

driftwood said...

such a lovely way to view your year x

Lyn said...

A lovely round up using your beautiful photos. Happy 2014 to you and your family. Xxx

eclectichomelife said...

Having only just 'discovered' you, your yearly round up of photogrpahs is a great way to dip my toe in on your blog. the photos, you must have been told this before, are amzing, full of colour, life and vitality. I shall enjoy following your journey, Thank you . eclectichomelife.blogspot.com

Amy at love made my home said...

I think that your mosaics are a great way to look back at your year and remember all that you have done and seen, thank you for sharing them with us! I hope that you have lots more happy things to look back on by the end of this year too! (not that I am wishing for the end of the year yet!!) xx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful mosaic !! Thank you so much for sharing.

Claire said...

A lovely look back over the year Anne....no favourites, all gorgeous.

Claire x

blueskyscotland said...

Hi Anne. I know most of the outdoor places in the pictures but is the tunnel and stairs March picture a small glen in Greenock by any chance? I've never been there but I've seen a similar painting hanging in Glasgow art gallery from the Victorian era if it is.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous images, all. I love the cat with its nose in the air!

Gillian Roe said...

Yes, they do take a long time to make, don't they, but it's so rewarding to look back over each month and remember the things that happened. I like the way each mosaic has an overall theme or colour - intentional or not - which reflects the season. Happy New Year to you Anne. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails